Re: embarrassing X question

D-Man wrote:

> I would use ssh instead of rlogin if you can.  Also, enable the
> ForwardX11 option in ssh.  If you do this then the display will be
> setup for you and it will be encrypted as well.  This is also the
> easiest (only?) way to display stuff back on a masq'd box.

How do you do this?  I've been trying to do this for some time now with no
success.  Every time I get:

mike@hobbiton:~$ ssh -f hal9000 xterm
mike@hal9000's password:
mike@hobbiton:~$ xterm Xt error: Can't open display: hal9000:10.0

hobbiton is the local machine here, and hal9000 is the remote system I'm
trying to connect to while wanting the xterm (in this case, anyway) to
display here on hobbiton.  I've got the ForwardX11 option set to true on
both machines, both in the sshd_config and the ssh_config  Is there anything
else I need to do?
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.