Re: my console.

* luwim+ (mirandaj@team.ph.inter.net) spake thusly:
> how can i set my console when i boot my linux machine to,
> 800x600 ? the screen res, i try the option in lilo but it doesnt seem to
> work?

I recommend installing svgatextmode package -- it will allow you to set up
custom resolutions etc. You'll need to RTFM to tune it up though.

You could also switch to framebuffer console, but you'll need to recompile
the kernel and do even more RTFMing. Also, fbcon may be too slow on your
hardware.

Dima
--
E-mail dmaziuk at bmrb dot wisc dot edu (@work) or at crosswinds dot net (@home)