Re: Mutt Question

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 07:17:11AM -0400, Todd V . Rovito wrote:
> I have procmail set up to filter my mail into folders for the list
> servers I belong to.  Some days I just don't have the time to read
> the mail in that particular folder (or list server), I would like to
> be able to perform a mass delete in that folder. What keys can I use
> in mutt to delete all the messages out of a folder?

I can't find a "delete all in folder" command, but there is a "delete
thread" command:  ctrl-d.  Start at the top, and hold down ctrl-d, and
it shouldn't take long before you have everything deleted.

That's what I use on those "I haven't had time to read debian-user in
the past week, I better 'catch up'" days, anyway.

Alternatively, you could probably just delete the file.  Procmail will
happily recreate it next time it filters mail to it.

--
Thomas J. Hamman
"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."