Re: Quick mail delivery question

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 01:16:23PM -0400, Adam Bell wrote:
> 	I would like to have mail delivered to a mailbox file in each
> user's home directory instead of residing in /var/spool/mail/foo.  This
> is to be the same as another environment my users are coming away from.
>
> 	I know that this can be accomplished using procmail
> automagically, but I've tried to get it to work and it seems to want not
> to.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi, Adam.

Still having problems?  I'm surprised no one has piped in.  So here
goes ....

Could you be more specific about how procmail is failing you?  Check out
'man procmail' and 'man procmailrc' (also 'man procmailex' for handy
examples).  Note the .procmailrc LOGFILE and VERBOSE options for getting
diagnostic info.  IIRC the .procmailrc permissions should be restricted
(600), but I may be dreaming or thinking of .fetchmailrc.  At any rate,
procmail is very powerful (more so as I understand than exim filtering)
and should do anything you need it to do once you get it working.

Regards - MikeT

--
Michael Touloumtzis
Computer Associates