Re: Thin-X-Client-Laptop

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 10:36:25AM +0200, Schoppitsch Dieter wrote:
> Hi Cajus,
> thanks for your hints - but it did not work - what did I do wrong?

You are leaving all of the post you are replying to at the bottom of
your message, without there being an apparent need for any of it.
Please read a netiquette faq on proper email quoting.  Thanks.

> * On the PC I checked /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess there was a "*"
> * On the PC I started xdm (login window)
> * On the Laptop I started X with "X -query 192.168.0.1"
> * On the Laptop I had the x-cursor only
> * After C-A-backspace on the laptop I saw the message "XDM: too many retransmissions"

Try "netstat -at | grep xdm" on the pc running xdm.  If xdm is not
listening to the network, then it is unlikely that the laptop xserver
ever gets a connection.  Probably, you need to comment out the bottom
line of the /etc/X11/xdm/xdm-config file on the pc acting as xdm server.

PS: instead of "*", better use "*.your.domain" in Xaccess.

Cheers,

Joost