Re: New-to-Debian

hi,
   Any book on unix will give you a good idea about the commands. The only other distribution I tried was Redhat. In my opinion it is a distribution to keep away from. and one more thing it is X-Windows and not windows.

  And one more thing. It is advisable to send mails to the list rather than a private mail. The reason is that it will have a wider audience and there are lot more experienced people than me who can guide you a lot better. Please do not misunderstand.

regards
harsha