Re: Help PLEASE!!! -- big ld problem

Hi Trev,

In reference to:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-9905/msg00160.html

and your problem with renaming the Linux loader shared library, I
managed to find the fix to this problem. You see, I too used mv to move
ld-linux.so.2 to ld-linux.so.2.old and from that point on, of course, no
shell commands would run. I kept getting "no such file or directory"
when I would try simple things like running the ls command. And of
course, the way to restore the library was to run mv again, but it
wouldn't run either! What a mess!

BTW, I am running Red Hat Linux, but I'm not sure the version.

So, in search of a fix, I went to the Red Hat web page and found out the
following will work to fix the problem.

/lib/ld-2.2.2.so /bin/mv ld-linux.so.2.old ld-linux.so.2

Since ld-linux.so.2 originally was a symbolic link pointing to
ld-2.2.2.so, I used ld-2.2.2.so directly in the move command and it
worked! Boy, was I relieved! I thought I would have to reinstall!

After this move command, ls works again and things are back to the way
they were.

Anyway, I thought you would like to know even though your original
posting was about a year and a half ago.

Harvey Werner
IBM

Title: Help PLEASE!!! -- big ld problem

Help PLEASE!!! -- big ld problem

Help!!!!

I was try to get ld-linux to point to an earlier version and so I
deleted ld-linux.so.2 in an attempt to get star office and java working,
and instead I cannot run any program!!!

Is there an easy way to fix this?

Help!!!!

Trev