Re: Compaq Proliant 370 installation

> I'm sorry; does the line say boot: smart2...... or boot: linux
> smart2......????

boot: linux smart2=0x1000 sim710=addr:0x9000,irq:9

> > However, I don't understand why the on board scsi is not detected
> > with 'compact' floppies.  From the kernel_config file:
>
> I think it has to do with the sim710driver... check your output using the
> vanilla flavour

With vanilla floppies, I had something like (from memory, not cut and
paste):

scsi : 1 hosts.
scsi : detected total.

But still I couldn't access the cdrom.

> > Any ideas?

[re: clobbering the Compaq F10 boot setup]

> If you know of a way of undoing this....let me know; I cannot find
anything
> on the Compaq I screwed up? Pressario CDS 742.

LILO makes a backup of the boot sector before overwiting, I've been saved by
this before - RTM for a way to restore (I can't remember off-hand).  You
could also copy the MBR from another Compaq (use dd direct on the drive
device).

If you mean to restore partition-3, that's easy from the Compaq disks - just
download the appropriate SP's from http://www.compaq.com/

I think that restoring the setup utlilities from Compaq's SP's should
restore the MBR too, but I haven't tried it.

> > If you can mail a copy of your lilo.conf that would help a lot.
>
> Well  unfortunaly; My Balsa is broken (my fault)

> With other, you could fill in:
>         ?device?= /dev/ida/c0d0p3
>         label = F10

I'm assuming you mean to add an entry to lilo.conf to boot to partition-3,
so typing `F10' at the boot: prompt will run the Compaq setup?  If so, no
need to send me the file, I can probably figure it out.