Re: PINE

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 09:28:42PM -0400, dude wrote:

> I know PINE is not what debian users use,
> but i recently convinced my girlfriend to
> let me install debian on her windows computer.
> Her only gripe with using it is
> that there are no debs of Pine.
>
> She has tried building it from source
> downloaded from washington.edu
> but to no avail.
>
> Are there any debian-ized sources around
>
> or even debs being help somewhere?

I haven't used pine in ages. Switched to mutt not long ago, and haven't
looked back.. But, there was a 'mana' package, which appears to be a
fork from pine. Worked about as well when I tried it, but I haven't heard
a thing about it since.
Kernel cousin Debian has something about it:
http://kt.zork.net/debian/dd20000914_2_print.html#3

Also, I personally found pine to be very much a memory hog on my system,
using about 100MB memory just to load one single email folder. Granted,
it was a fairly large folder of 'debian-user' I believe. But still...

--
Ferret

I will be switching my email addresses from @ferret.dyndns.org to
@mail.aom.geek on or after September 1, 2001, but not until after
Debian's servers include support. 'geek' is an OpenNIC TLD. See
http://www.opennic.unrated.net for details about adding OpenNIC
support to your computer, or ask your provider to add support to
their name servers.