Re: VPN for linux?

I'm just experimenting with VPN here, and it's a lot of fun...

There's nothing as simple as using stunnel.

basically on the server side you have stunnel ready to accept
incoming tcp connections and ready to launch ppp over the created pty.
you have to configure ppp properly (chap mecanism fo instance) so that
each connecting client gets his own ip.

on the client side, the problem is to set up authentification and the routes, you'll have to think about that depending on the kind of service you want (access to only one host or a whole subnet ?)

note though that stunnel is really fine for linux2linux configs, using stunnel at both ends, I dont know how it works with win tools.
(actually my config involves 2 masqueraded private class C subnetworks
and only the linux masquerading routers are "aware" of the trick -- note too that you dont need masquerading on the vpn)