Re: sl anyone? was [Re: ./ in PATH, always bad?]

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 10:57:24PM -0400, D-Man wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 08:36:09PM -0600, Jimmy Richards wrote:
> |     Hi,
> |
> |     I found that I type 'la' by mistake more often than 'sl', so I made
> | symlink for sl to la.  :-) I Love that train coming down the track! Ok,
>
> Aliases are better than symlinks because it doesn't muck up your
> filesystem.  (see man bash)  'la' is more commonly aliased to 'ls -a',
> but personally I don't use that.
>
> -D

	Hi D-Man,

	Good suggestion. I wasn't thinking about using the alias option in
my ~/.bashrc. I just use the --colors options in there but I will set
'la' as alias for 'sl' thanks to your suggestion.

	Jim Richards

A committee is a group of people who individually can do nothing but
together can decide that nothing can be done.   --Fred Allen