Re: Adding a user to a group

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 08:33:50PM -0400, Nathan Weston wrote:
> Done, thanks.
> But, in order to access /dev/dsp for audio, I still have to 'newgrp audio'
> or 'sg audio -c [command]', and enter a password. The problem here is that I
> want, for example, artsd, which is started automatically by kde, to have
> access to /dev/dsp.
> Is there a way to do this without entering a password (and preferably wi/o
> having to wrap commands in sg)?
>
> Thanks,
> Nathan

(It's always better to post back to the list, as you have more people who can
answer your questions - they may have more idea than me too)

You can be part of more than one group at a time.  Just make sure you have
logged out and back in again to effect the changes of the adduser command. You
shouldn't need to explicitly log in to a new group to have audio access. If
that doesn't do what you needed, it's time to hand off to someone on the list
more knowledgable than me :)

Bec