newbie: passing parameters to a module

Hello,

I believe that my question is this:  I have seen that you can pass
parameters to a module like irq=9 dma=whatever io=whatever.  If a
card uses more than one range of dma addresses, is there another
parameter I need to pass to the driver?

If that question makes sense, then you don't need to read on.  Thanks
in advance for any help!  If it doesn't, here is the long story:

I have been having trouble trying to get my 3com 3c905C TX-M to work.
I discovered that if I remove the sound card from my computer, I have
no problems getting the network card to work.  I haven't yet tried
getting the sound card to work under Debian, with or without the
network card.

With both cards installed, I booted to Windows 98 (where they work
fine) and copied down the settings for the sound card and the network
card.  Windows reported an irq and a range of i/o  addresses for each
card, and one of them (the sound card, I think) had a single range of
"memory" addresses.  The other card was using two range of "memory"
addresses.  I assume the addresses listed as "memory" are dma addresses
(please correct me if I'm wrong).

I guess if I pass the values that worked under Windows to the modules,
then everything will work fine. So how do I pass the second range of
dma addresses?

Thanks in advance,

David

"Live as if you will die tomorrow - study as if you will live forever."
-- Erasmus