Re: midi problem with on board sound i810

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001, [iso-8859-1] Steve Kieu wrote:

> > Do you have proper permissions? I did chmod 666 /dev/sequencer but
> no help

Yeah. That was just my first thought. I dunno. I've seen weirder things
not work.

> > You might want to try that as root...
>
> I also did but nothing

Have you tried compiling the binaries on your own. Sometimes I don't trust
a distro package and would instead rather go with the newest source. I
would say that if it worked in program and not another.....something might
be up with how those individual programs are configured. Also, the linux
drivers might just be terrible. Its possible. From what I know of the
i810s they are pretty terrible anyways. :P If it were my problem I'd
figure out what was going on with the clients first and then look at the
hardware support. Just like anything.

> Why kmidi can play (not mention about quality) but
> playmidi and kmid can't?

See above. :)

-z-