Re: Audio CD Problems with Potato

On 07/16/01 00:18:38 -0400, Ari Pollak wrote:
> Perhaps the problem is that you are trying to access an IDE device
> (/dev/hdc or whatever your CD-ROM drive is) as a normal user that is not
> part of the disk group? Try adding yourself to disk, and see if that
> helps.

I saw that the device I was trying to access belonged to the disk group.
I didn't add myself because I wasn't sure about it from a security
standpoint. Also, I didn't know if there was a different approach.

I just added myself and logged in again. I'm now able to play my audio
CDs.

Thanks for the help!
--
Mark Wagnon <mwagnon1@home.com>