Real Player for potato

OK, just need a little help here trying to install realplayer on my
debian potato box.

I went to the real.com site and downloaded their
rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2.bin file.  But then I did a bit of google
searching and found that there is an installer .deb for it but it is
only in woody / sid and not for potato.

So I edited my /etc/apt/sources.list and changed it to point
(temporarily) to woody and tried to apt-get install realplayer.
However, it wanted to upgrade libc6, perl, debconf and a whole lot of
others - which I naturally refused to do.

So, is it fine to just run the installer rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2.bin
I have already downloaded from real.com, or is there some better way to
not upset my stable potato machine?

Regards
Mark.