Re: "man" command made easy?

You might want to check out linuxnewbie.org. It has a lot of newbie-oriented
howtos. It's not as fine granularity as manpages, but will help with a lot of
basic tasks, and has some great forums.

I would also suggest the book "Linux in a Nutshell" from O'Reilly. This is
actually very close to what you are looking for from the man pages.

Nathan