Re: SMP in default install?

Andy Mott wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a dual-cpu box, which I just installed Potato on with ReiserFS. Is support for SMP built-in, or will I have to compile a new kernel (with rfs patches, I guess), and install that?
You will need to recompile the new kernel and since you are using
ReiserFS you should probably get the latest from kernel.org and build it
for your file system. You will also need some other files to get it to
build properly. Since you are using a very experimental file system I
will assume this is not a production system. My advice is to upgrade to
Woody and save yourself some hassels.
Best wishes!
John