Problem upgrading testing: Perl may be unconfigured ..

Hi:
 I am running the unstable Debian. I tried upgrading ( apt-get
 update; apt-get dist-upgrade ) and it seems to abort somewhere
 along the way with:

   Perl may be unconfigured ( can't modigy goto in lvalue subroutine
   return at /usr/perl5/Debconf/Base.pm line 24, near "}"
   Compilation failed in require at (eval 4) line 3
     .. propagated at /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/base.pm line 18.
   BEGIN failed-- compilation aborted at
   /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Iterator.pm line 5

    and ultimately it aborts.

 Any suggestions as to what to do next?

 Thanks.

 Sebastian