plip0 to complete install of slink

Hello,
	I am attempting to install slink on an old IBM ps/2. I loaded the
base system using 7 floppys and I am now trying to complete the install via
a plip link. I can ping my nfs server  from this box but I am unable to
mount the remote filesystem. When I enter the command mount -t nfs
remotename:/mnt/cdrom /tmp/nfstest I get a message that tells me that
"program is not registered". I have stopped the portmapper and restarted it
and I have attempted to run mountfs without success. How can I stop nfs and
restart it?

	Can someone please point me in the right direction?