Re: apt-get dselect upgrade problems

Received Fri 13 Jul 2001  9:16pm +1000 from Joost Kooij:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 05:58:19PM -0400, John Covici wrote:
> > But this doesn't solve my problem -- why am I getting errors which say
> > no such file or directory -- its looking for a file which isn't there

Sorry not to have any useful insights but I have over the past week or
so been noticing exactly the same behaviour on occasion.  My apt-get
sources.list points to ftp.debian.org (amongst others) unstable.

Quite a few times I've "apt-get update".  I then check to see which
packages have been upgraded wrt my installation, then go to install
them with apt-get install and the deb files are not there. Checking
the actual ftp archive and sure enough they are not there. If I come
back some hours later and try the install again, it's okay.  Seems
like a lag somehow between the available packages list and the actual
packages appearing.

Regards,
Graham