Re: problems with IBM Thinkpad

I have Thinkpad 230Cs Intel 486 DX4 50MHz running Debian/potato happyly
and I am writing this from it.

First, I know this "floppy=thinkpad" in documentation but I never used
it to install potato.  Your Thinkpad must be a islightly newer one
considering 50% faster CPU.  So be open minded about this.

Back to your question.  Did you do following as first trial?
-------------
At first "boot:", press enter while having RESCUE disk in floppy.
Let system boot!!

Then you will be asked to install "root floppy disk" and insert root
floppy disk and press enter.
----------------
If it did not work, I guess you have to follow documentation.
Please do following as 2nd trial.
----------------
boot: linux floppy=thinkpad
I think you forgot to type "linux".  Boot parameter start as
boot-method parameter=value
As seen on F3-screen at boot.  "parameter=value" is called argument.

Rest shall be same as above.

Good luck Linuxing.... :-)

See my web page for some fun as novice Linuxer...

--
+  Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>, GnuPG-key: 1024D/D5DE453D  +