Re: MUAs that compare with Outlook (your chance to show how much better Linux is than MS!!)

On 21 Tammuz 5761, Eric E. Moore wrote:

> I was going to suggest gnus, but seems I was beaten to it.  (I wasn't
> sure about the preview pane/show fisst 3 lines)

One could manage something, using a combination of window
reconfiguration and a custom variable to steal the first three lines of
the body.  It seemed to me to be a "manufactured need," personally; I
used Outlook for a couple of years and never missed the little preview
when I switched to Emacs-based email.  But "different strokes" and all
that.

It doesn't come that way by default, of course, which probably also
keeps it from being a viable option for him given his requirements.
Best to wait for the GNOME people to catch up, but as long as they're
just catching up, they may not be forging ahead.  I also think that Free
Software is better at meeting real needs than simply cloning existing
interfaces - or at least it should be.  (Not that the OP's list wasn't a
real need for him.)
--
Charles Sebold                                      21st of Tammuz, 5761
--

I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.