Re: MUAs that compare with Outlook (your chance to show how muchbetter Linux is than MS!!)

DvB wrote:

> Kurt Lieber wrote:
>
> > OK, I've read with great amusement all the chest-thumping going on about
> > MUAs, MTAs and how Microsoft email products are things that you scrape
> > off the bottom of your shoe.
> >
> > I, for one, am brand-spanking new at Linux and have yet to find a Linux
> > MUA that meets my needs.  I really do like Linux and would like to
> > transition over to it for my desktop machine, but because of it's
> > weakness on the MUA side, I haven't been able to do so.  ("weakness" is
> > my perception - you can prove me wrong by continuing to read)
> >
> > So, here's a list of my requirements and I'm hoping you guys can point
> > me to an MUA that meets them.  If so, I'll gladly switch over to Linux
> > full-time and forswear Microsoft forever. :)
> >

> I'll be the first to say that linux is lacking a good mail client (I
> also hate outlook, BTW) but there're some good choices out there once
> they become stable/feature complete.
> First off, if you want a client that does this/that/theother
> like/similar/almostlike Outlook, your best choice is... guess what...
> Outlook!

That's a good point.  Has anyone gotten Outlook to run under Wine?
I, for one, would happily run Word and Outlook on my boxen if it were
available.
(Well maybe I wouldn't be happy about running Word but I'm stuck until
the world learns what a wonderful thing Latex is.)

Sadly I don't believe that wine will work well as long as M$ is still a
single company.  Breaking them into application and OS is the only way
that I
believe they would ever release an API that is complete and correct.

later,
Andy