Re: harsher kill than kill -9 ?

* Daniel Patrick Berdine (db002i@mail.rochester.edu) spake thusly:
> Seems odd that theres no way of killing a process.. I don't really know
> that much about how these things work, but it seems like there should be
> some way to just purge everything to do with the process from memory or
> something...

Think of it this way: the process called some kernel function and went
(eg. was swapped) away until that function returns. There's no process
to kill, only the kernel function => kernel itself.

Dima
--
E-mail dmaziuk at bmrb dot wisc dot edu (@work) or at crosswinds dot net (@home)
http://www.bmrb.wisc.edu/descript/gpgkey.dmaziuk.ascii -- GnuPG 1.0.4 public key