Re: MTA choice

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Lamer wrote:
> exim is "the best mailer for newbies".

Wouldn't exactly class myself as a newby having been managing sendmail and
Netscape messaging server on AIX, NT and Linux for a few years, but neither am
I an expert!

> it's good, it's easy, it's secure, it's feature rich.

That bit sounds good :-)

> and the best of all, it's default.

Not overly worried about this, but it does save time.  I suspect that it is
default by virtue of its license as much as technical capabilities with Debain.
Not that I am saying that is a bad thing, or it (or Debian) is worth any the
less for that of course!

---
Paul Tansom:    Talking to penguins can be inTUXicating, whereas
talking to windows is only 1 step away from talking to the wall!
---
Smoothwall firewall/router project: http://www.smoothwall.org/
Smoothwall project community contact: community@smoothwall.org