Re: C routine that compares debian package versions

At 04:14 p.m. 11/07/01 +0200, Alex Suzuki wrote:
Hello debian users,

I'm currently writing a small program in C that is supposed to
show me which packages I have from woody and which ones from
sid (my system is actually a mix of both of them).
Now, a problem I am likely to encounter soon are the version
numbers. Do the follow some kind of scheme?

For instance, package ssh
ssh 1:1.2.3-9.3

If I had the version string saved somewhere, and an other
one like 1:1.2.3-9.4, how can I compare them, is there a
function that can do this?

mmm...  wouldn't just strcmp work?

TIA
Alex