Mozilla not loading while sound playing

Hi all,

I've recently installed a new sound card, a Vibra128 PCI, which uses the
es1371 driver. Previously I had an ISA vibra16 using the OSS/Free sb
driver.

Since I've got the new card working (a bit of messing around with IRQs),
I've run into a problem where Mozilla wont load while xmms is playing
mp3s. Pausing, or stopping, xmms allows Mozilla to load, but it wont
load until the sound has stopped. I'm almost certain that I didn't have
the same problem with my old sound card.

I'm running 2.4.6-ac2, debian testing, and the latest Mozilla nightly.
ESD is running, and xmms uses the ESD output plugin.

Any suggestions?

damon.

--
Damon Muller :: Department of Criminology :: University of Melbourne

It's not a sense of humor.
It's a sense of irony disguised as one.
  -- Bruce Sterling