Re: CUPS and LJ (was Re: LaserJet Plus and Samba)

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, D-Man wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 09:29:52AM -0400, Alan Shutko wrote:
> | D-Man <dsh8290@rit.edu> writes:
> |
> | > That's a nice idea . . . now where do I find such a thing?
> |
> | You can probably find one in
> | ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/printerdrivers/win/all/ppdfiles/ .  Docs
>
> I found several, I'll try them out later.  Unfortunately they are
> "self-extracting (win)zip" archives =p.  At least I have access to a
> PC to extract them on and then make a proper tarball ;-).

Huh? You can use the program zip, available for Linux. You don't need to
use a Win machine. Be careful when you extract it, though. The nearly
convention that tar.gz archives use that the files will be unpacked into
their own directory is not always followed in the Windows world.

                                                   faheem.