Re: Lilo & retrieving file in win

Hello,

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, twiz wrote:

> G'day team,
> I've just installed but "libxmu.so.6" didn't install properly (x wont
> start).
> I've retrieved the package containing the library file but it is filed
> in the win partition as that was the only way I could connect to the
> web.
> Any ideas on how to get the pak into linux & where should it go?

Mount your windoze partition under Linux:
mount -t vfat /dev/sda2 /mnt

where sda2 is the second partition from the first scsi drive. hdb1 is the
first partition from the second ide disk, etc.

> Also, lilo doesn't start (boot from floppy.) How can I get lilo to
> install to choose lin or win at boot.
> Thanks, regards, Noel..

If you want multiple boot, you have to edit /etc/lilo.conf first. Walk
through it and compare the options. This is assumed that windoze is on
/dev/hda1 and linux is on /dev/hda2. You need at least these:

boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/hda2
prompt
timeout=100
default=Linux

image=/vmlinuz
	label=Linux
	read-only

other=/dev/hda1
	label=doz
	table=/dev/hda

Now run 'lilo' and you have the ability to choose during boot. Note that
you will need some extra's if your windoze disk is not the first harddrive
seen by the bios.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan