Re: kernel 2.4.x: The Mother of all the questions

Dear Friends,

thank you very much indeed for all your valuable answers.

In this very moment on another console I'm just downloading the DEBs
of kernel 2.4.5 from Bunk stuff via apt-get dist-upgrade.

By the way, I didn't imagine to start that nice side-thread on the age
of Debian users which IMHO deserves a deeper survey.

As a matter of fact I don't feel that old (as I said 51 y.o.) for
dealing with linux of whatever else SO. For all my working life I've
been using various SOs and systems not as an information technology
man but as a(n advanced) user only, from IBM main frame to
PCs. Therefore the skill with linux, poor in my case because I'm a
one-year user only, is a matter of mentality acquired over time.

In any case I find that the Debian distro suits older people needs
better than other slick distros about.

Ciao (In Italian means both "Hello" and "Bye-bye")

Vittorio