Re: Scroll Wheel

Jesper Holmberg wrote:

> What is the recommended way of adding support for the scroll wheel
> (Logitech mouse) under X4.0.3 and Woody?

  here's what I have, it's for the mouseman wheel (with the sidebutton):

  in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Protocol"              "MouseManPlusPS/2"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "false"
        Option          "Buttons"               "6"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
EndSection

  in /etc/X11/Xmodmap

! erik: remapping for Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel
!       for scrolling (4&5 are X's scroll buttons)
!                   default      mine
! buttons:          1, 2, 3      1, 2, 3
! side button:      4            6
! wheel:            5, 6         4, 5
pointer = 1 2 3 6 4 5

  with this setting the side button is 6, the wheel generates 4&5 (the
rest works as regular three button mouse).

  I can post fairly good ~/.Xdefaults for support of wheel in netscape
(all info from previous posts to debian-user).

	erik