asus a7v-e mobo and debian

I'm getting an asus a7v-e (with the VIA Apollo KT133 which has the VIA VT8363
UDMA controller). I'd like to know if anybody on the list has any experience
with getting one of these chips to communicate with Linux. I have kernel 2.2.19
but did not see any options for this chip specifically. Will I have to upgrade
to 2.4? Or can I get it to run at UDMA100 or even just at UDMA33 on a 2.2
kernel? 33MBps is more than enough throughput for the 20MBps hard drive I have
(everything else is on a SCSI card).

Thanks,
Jason