Re: Starting mail retrieval agent: system-wide fetchmail not configured

> when i boot woody it says:
>
> Starting mail retrieval agent: system-wide fetchmail not configured

I hope the following might help:

[05:42:42 tmp]$ head -19 /etc/init.d/fetchmail
#!/bin/sh
#
# Fetchmail/fetchmail-ssl init script
# $Id: fetchmail.init,v 1.16 2001/05/13 17:41:19 hmh Exp $
#
# A fetchmailrc file containg hosts and passwords for all
# local users should be placed in /etc/fetchmailrc.
# Remember to make the /etc/fetchmailrc mode 600 to avoid
# disclosing the users' passwords
#
# This script will NOT start or stop fetchmail if the
# /etc/fetchmailrc file does not exist.  Also, remember to
# stop fetchmail first when changing RUNASROOT.
#
# Don't muck around with SERVICE, use dpkg-reconfigure to
# change it; unless you have the fetchmail user properly
# setup, that is.
#

[05:42:50 tmp]$

You might also be interested in /etc/default/fetchmail