SSH

I have a quick question regarding the secure server package and scp.

I prefer not to use NIS to share the password file between two servers so
I wrote a script to push /etc/passwd to another server so they both have
duplicate copies when a user is added onto our system.

Of course I am using scp to move the file over, but everytime a user is
added, it asks for the root user's password on the remote server.  Is
there a way using .rhosts to disable the remote server from asking me for
a password so it just pushes /etc/passwd over, no questions asked?

Thanks!

Nick