Deleting locales?

When I wanted to download some new programs, I noticed I didn't have enough
space on my usr partition. I went looking for ways to make space, and found
around 25M in the usr/share/locales folder for languages other than my own.

Is there a utility to eliminate locales other than the native locale from
my machine? Or can I just delete the unneeded directories from the tree?

I also noted a huge (50M) store of fonts and other stuff in the /usr/share/texmf
folder. Is that stuff needed only for X programs?

|  .''`.  | Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>            |
| : :'  : | debian-imac:    <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net> |
| `. `'`  |      . oo       Chris Tillman                        |
|   `-    |     (   -)      tillman@azstarnet.com                |