Re: xv alternatives

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 05:16:17PM -0500, Michael A. Miller wrote:

>     > Since xv is being removed from the distribution, I would
>     > like to find a new image viewer to use.
>
> I use "display", which is part of the imagemagick package.

'display' seems not to release memory until it exits.

If you do 'display *.jpg' for a large number of files total memory
used keeps increasing until all memory (including swap) is used up.

This does not happen with xv.

--
If man were perfect, if he were infallible, society would present
a very different kind of harmony from that which we may actually