d´oh! (Re: lp.o: init_module: Device or resource busy)

On Fri, 06 Jul 2001 20:09:28 +0200, Robert Waldner writes:
>I had to reconfigure my printer port from IRQ 7 to IRQ 5 (because I´ve
>got a soundcard which is hardwired to IRQ 7 <grr>).
>
>Luckily I had compiled lp as a module, so I thought a simple change from
>`modprobe lp irq=7` to "irq=5" should suffice. Nope:
>
>bash-2.03# insmod lp.o irq=5
>lp.o: init_module: Device or resource busy

Today I´m not quite filled with cluons, it seems. The lusers at work
 must´ve drained ´em all...

Of course, when I tell lp.o about the io-port also, everything works
 just fine.

bash-2.03# modprobe lp irq=5 io=0x278

syslog:
Jul  6 20:44:31 WatchZwerg kernel: lp0 at 0x0278, (irq = 5)

<arghl> Sorry for not quadruple-checking, triple-checking isn´t
 sufficient anymore :/

cheers,
&rw
--
-- A lady came up to me on the street and pointed at my leather jacket.
-- 'You know a cow was murdered for that jacket?' she sneered.