Re: Help For Newbie

On Fri, 06 Jul 2001 17:06:50 BST, Keri wrote:

>  I bring up pppconfig which in it's wonderful ReadMe file says it does
> everything for you basically, but it just shuts itself back down.Duh! Where
> did it go?
>
>  Keri

You need to be root to run pppconfig, but you probably already know that.
Is pppconfig allowing you to make any choices? If so choose the option to
"Create a connection" and answer the questions pppconfig asks.  If you've
any confusion about the specifics, post your questions here with as much
specific info as you can gather about the situation.

If pppconfig is closing without allowing you to finish, post here with the
details ("what is pppconfig allowing you to do?", "what is the last thing
you do before pppconfig dies?", or "I did these steps: launched pppconfig,
chose "Create", ... then pppconfig [died | failed | finished]...")

I hope this helps.

I'm not sure what is happening on your machine and a little more info will
make it easier to help.

--
  Paul T Wright <paul@cvanet.com>

   And, strange to tell, among the Earthen Lot
   Some could articulate, while others not:
      And suddenly one more impatient cried --
   "Who is the Potter, pray, and who the Pot?"

            -- The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam --