Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 1:07 PM
Subject: ATA100 problems

I have an asus A7v socket A motherboard with a western digital 30Go 7200 ATA100 and it's the only drive I have. I guessed the ide controller for ata100 is from promise
Linux doesn't see any harddisk in my computer
When I try to launch cfdisk, it makes an error message ("you have no hard disk") and stop,it immediately.
When booting
I have the following lines concerning ide :
ide0: BM-DMA at 0xb800-0xb807 bios settings : hda=pio  hdb=DMA
ide1: BM-DMA at 0xb808-0xb815 bios settings : hdc=DMA  hdd=pio

then I have some lines about hdb and hdc -> they are the CDROMs. So there isn't hda and Hard disk drive for linux. I think I need to load a driver but I don't know how, where and what driver.