Re: upgrading to kernel 2.4.5, again!

Thanks to all for the many replies!

What I'm actually worried about is the stability issue of the new
kernel 2.4.

Bunk, the author of debs for 2.4 kernel, warns that there's no
guarantee about stability because he had to use packages from unstable
to make the needed debs.

Besides I noticed that when you dpkg or dselect the source code and
headers for 2.4.5, other deb packages are required to substitute the
existing ones from stable.

In a nutshell, do you believe for you direct experience that upgrading
all those packages to install kernel 2.4 doesn't bring about a real
risk of instability of the system?

Ciao

Vittorio