Re: Re: Mail from OE to linux and more

------------------------
 ke6sls@arrl.net wrote:
------------------------

>On Wednesday 04 July 2001 10:30, Lambrecht Joris wrote:
>> Anyone looking to buy a scanner
>
>Really, read about 'sane'. Google search it and you will get some good info.

  I know about sane, i know about Canon not supporting linux in any substantial way :(( Pretty strange for a company touting it's humanityloving projects . . .

>> After a lot-of-trial and error i managed to get fetchmail working
>> correctly. Apparently the example config files aren't all that great :( At
>> least not for me.
>>

>exim has already been brought to your attention..

 i'm kind of a masochist at times ...

>> Leaves me very little choice. The only two i haven't tested yet are
>> Evolution (http://www.ximian.com/evolution) and Postoffice
>> (www.tarball.net) wich looks pretty cool but didn't work right away. Again,
>> any and all suggestions are welcome.
>
>I use kde here, and it includes 'kmail'... I'm using it now to reply to this
>list. It's a very nice program and has *some* import features... go to
>kde.org for more details. kde is also available for potato users (just not as
>new as sid and woody)..

 kmail is about the most basic X11 mailclient i've seen to date, i'll rather give sylpheed another go

thanks for your input