initrd problem: not yet fixed

>>>>> "Guy" == Guy Geens <ggeens@iname.com> writes:

>>>>> "Joost" == Joost Kooij <joost@topaz.mdcc.cx> writes:
Joost> Maybe http://www.escape.de/users/outback/linux/ ?

Guy> Looks like it will do the trick.

(Followup to my own post.)

I installed the patch, and rebooted. The kernel rcognizes the cramfs
image, and tries to mount it. The mount fails with the message `wrong
magic'.

This message appears in the cramfs code, and it's printed when the
code finds an invalid magic number in the superblock. (Rather
obvious.) This is very strange, since the previous message indicates
the magic number is there.

I mounted the initrd image on a loop device: OK.
I copied the image to a ram disk, and tried to mount that: I get the
same error (wrong magic).

This seems to indicate the problem is in the ramdisk code.

Any hints?

Kernel is 2.4.5.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250