Re: [users] Re: Mail from OE to linux and more

also sprach Mark Wagnon (on Tue, 03 Jul 2001 09:08:55PM -0700):
> > Also, i want to import my OE mail and adress book into my Linux
> > system, any good hints on what software/procedure to use ?
>
> Doesn't OE have some kind of export feature for this stuff? I never
> warmed up to OE very much. On the Dark, um, I mean Windows side, I'm a
> Eudora user. I would think that if you could get the address book into
> a text file, you should be able to copy and past it into an address
> book under Linux. Not so sure about the mail though, with different
> mailbox formats and all. I'm sure someone here can help though.

are you kidding me? OE can *import* everything, but export only to
Outlook. Now why would micro$oft provide a feature that would
facilitate switching away from their product???

> Mutt is it for me. I've tried other gui clients, and while impressive
> looking and all, they had their little quirks and instabilities. I
> think Mutt just plain kicks booty. Plus, if for some bizarre reason
> you can't start an X session, you can still read your mail with Mutt.
> With those others, you're SOL.

... plus, you can use mutt over SSH from the other side of the world
and it works like a charm. try that with X-forwarding!

1-800-psych
hello, welcome to the psychiatric hotline.
if you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will
tell you which number to press.