Re: how to extract *.deb files, etc.

Hi,

On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, Stephen Jiang wrote:

> I am new to Linux (especially Debian), please help me out.
0. enable line wrapping please!

> 1. Does anyone can tell me how to extract *.deb files? And where can I
find Debian's special commands?

You can install .deb files with: dpkg --install foo.deb

> 2. I have just installed Debian 2.2 r0 (potato), but XF86 did not work
(don't have SVGA driver - returned message at first time). So, I used
VGA16 driver during XF86Setup (second time), the setup program told me
successfully installed XF86 but it failed after I press ok to continue.

To install svga driver: apt-get install xserver-svga
For setting up X server you may want to run anXious.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan