Re: Network speed

On Tue, 03 Jul 2001 17:20:47 EDT, Jeld The Dark Elf writes:
>On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 09:53:58PM +0200, Robert Waldner wrote:
>> I?m a network engineer for a living, and trust me, the only way to be
>>  sure there won?t be something wrong with autodetection is to avoid it.
>>
>> Setting speed and duplex on _both_ sides of an ethernet link is a Good
>>  Thing. Always.
>>
>Well, I have been a network engineer for about 7 years by now, and except for
>some
>older 3com 100baseT I didn't have that much trouble with autodetection.

You´ve never done Crisco against
 (3com|bay|nortel|whatever-even-other-criscos|fsckinSUN\!\!) yet?

Or witnessed the evils that come out of cheapo-hubs´n´switches against
 cheapo-NICsonPeCees?

Never dealt with the wonders which are transceivers (AUI->whatever)?

Back2backXover between two same-day-ordered&delivered 7k2´s?

Furrfu, you´re one of the really, really lucky ones, yes you are.

Me, I´m just in Real Life, where all Software Sucks and all Hardware
 Sucks even more so.

Me? Cynical? Geez.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- "The PROPER way to handle HTML postings is to cancel the article,
-- then hire a hitman to kill the poster, his wife and kids, and fuck