Re: [users] Unidentified subject!

also sprach Jenner Almanzar (on Tue, 03 Jul 2001 03:23:54PM -0400):
> Can anybody tell how can i download a complete folder using ftp? in case the
> answer is "it's not imposible", from where can i download the GNU/Linux Debian
> 2.2r3 (potato) in order to install it from the hard disk.

ncftpget -R

that requires ncftp 3, of course.

but if you really want to download the entire tree, i'd recommend
rsync:

rsync -avutP --exclude-from debian_exclude \
  --delete --delete-excluded \
    ftp.<country>.debian.org::debian/ ./debian

fill <country> with the two letters corresponding to your country (or
nearby ones, or "us"), and after 2.5 years on a V.90 connection,
you'll have the data mirrored in the ./debian directory. i am
including my debian_exclude file, which excludes everything but debian
for x86, powerpc, and the hurd.

cat << EOF > debian_exclude
*-alpha*
*-arm*