Re: migrating debian unstable to debian testing ?

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 12:18:57PM +0200, Bostjan Muller wrote:
| Hi!
|
| I'd like to know if there is any way of downgrading all packages
| from Debian unstable (sid) version to Debian testing (woody)
| version?

Change your /etc/apt/sources.lst to point to testing, then wait a few
weeks :-).

The only difference between unstable and testing is that testing's
packages were in unstable for two weeks without any bugs against it
(or new uploads of it).  So if you stop updating your sid packages and
wait a couple of weeks, everything you have will be in testing and
then you can call your system 'testing" :-).

AFAIK apt likes to updgrade things, not downgrade so you can't really
just apt-get from the newer to the older package.

-D