Re: [users] Re: Time to fight for our beloved DEB format!

Am 03. Jul, 2001 schwäzte Holger Rauch so:

> On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Ethan Benson wrote:
>
> > [...]
> > i think debian will support the lsb to the point where it does not
> > require compromising our quility and policy.
>
> In what respect does the LSB compromise Debian quality and policy?

Genau. If it does compromise Debian quality and policy, then the better
action is to work to bring it up to the quality we want. Same as for every
other package or service that we want.

Do we want to be isolationists and not support ( includes in the making
thereof ) standards?

I hope the LSB will require other dists to produce a quality, stable dist
base. That will help Free Software and Linux in general. That's reason alone
for me to hope Debian doesn't undermine the LSB.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  Science is magic explained. - der.hans