Re: cd-rom "medium not found", no modules load

Thanks! I got it working just by issuing sudo hdparm -d0 /dev/hdc,
turning off dma for the drive. Now that it works, I'll see about
turning off DMA by default for it. My next step is to investigate
whether there exists a boot-time parameter to disable dma for hdc
while allowing it to remain on for my other drives without having to
recompile my kernel.

If anybody has pointers on setting up auto dma on some drives but not
others, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks Michael

Vineet

* Michael Hong (hsleahcim@home.com) [010628 12:23]: